How to Take Apart an Aurora Paper Shredder
While the Aurora paper shredder is a heavy-duty machine, you can still get it jammed with paper, plastic, or disc particles. The thing is that even if it comes with three cutting configurations, it is supposed to be jam-free in most cases.
However, occasionally Aurora paper shredder jammed when you forget to remove the staple before shredding the pages. Luckily, all it takes is a flip of the control switch to clear the jam.
However, what should you do if using the switch does not help? If aurora shredder stopped working, you have a few options, and one of them is to take apart the Aurora Paper Shredder.
If aurora shredder not working, you can find all the ins and outs how to take the paper shredder apart and remove paper jams.
Steps to Take the Aurora Paper Shredder Apart
If ever the control switch does not help to remove the paper jam, you need to switch the power of the machine off. Now you will need some tools to help make taking apart the Aurora paper shredder quicker:
- A screwdriver
- Needle nose pliers and a tweezer
- A piece of carpet or scrap paper like newspaper
- Recommended oil as per the manual or vegetable oil
- Rubber gloves to protect you against cuts and grease
- A helper optional if you need some motivation not to lose your temper
- Some great music optional to keep the mood calm
Disclaimer: The information is for informational purpose. If your machines still under warranty and needs repairs, we recommend you contact the provider. Repairing the paper shredder yourself can void the warranty.
Now that you have everything you need, you can do the following:
- Put on some tunes and make it fun. Remove the waste bin and empty it as it may solve the problem.
- Place the basket back and use the reverse mode. Using the function may help to clear the paper jam. You can also gently tug on the piece of paper but keep the fingers clear of the blades.
- If the previous method did not help switch the machine off and unplug it at the wall.
- Start by removing the top unit from the waste bin and place it on the piece of carpet or newspaper. Make sure the bottom section is facing up.
- Now take the screwdriver and remove the six screws on the tubular recesses from the bottom. Here it helps if you were careful not to strip them. Get an old aerosol spray can lid and place the screws in it for safekeeping — the first screw you can find underneath the oval sticker.
- For the next step, you need to put on your gloves and proceed to remove the bottom cover from the blade assembly.
- Once you have it removed, you can eliminate the visible jams with the pliers or tweezer.
- An important note is that you get limited room to lift the cutting blades as it has wires attached, but there should be enough room for raising it without detaching the wires. Furthermore, the cutting knives are heavy, and this is where your helper can help as they can check the other side to see if there is paper jammed. If they notice any paper stuck, they can use the tweezers or pliers to remove it.
- Now that you have removed the paper jam, you can place the blade assembly back and make sure the power cord rests properly in the slot.
- Take the oil, inspect the gears, and if needed, provide lubrication and check if the gear teeth do not have wear and tear. If you don’t know how to oil a paper shredder read this and even you can use vegetable oil to oil your paper shredder.
- Place the bottom cover back and tighten the screws but do not over-tighten. Now place the oval sticker over the original position again.
- Put the shredding assembly back on the waste bin and make sure the view window is facing to the front.
- Confirm that the power switch is in the off position and plug the machine into the wall socket to power it back on.
- Place the power switch to on and tilts the plastic cover back.
- Now take a couple of papers and fold them to make a valley. Distribute one tablespoon of the oil across the folded section. Now run the article through the paper slot by feeding through the fold front end first. Doing this lubricates the blades and recommended for you to do this at least once a week.
By doing the steps mentioned above, you are ready to start shredding paper again.
After completing, the steps and you find the machine works appropriately great! However, to stop this from happening again, try to remove staples or paper clips before you do your shredding even if the manufacturer says it is not a problem. Do not overfeed the paper slot with documents and try to pass through the recommended amount of paper sheets at a time. Furthermore, keep the waste bin clean as it provides an open space for strips of paper, plastic, and discs to pass through.