AmazonBasics 8-Sheet High Security Micro Cut Shredder Review
Shredding of confidential and personal documents is secure with the AmazonBasics 8-sheet micro cut shredder.
You can use the unit to destroy documents, CDs, credit card and more into small unidentifiable pieces. Whether you own office space or need one to use at home, this model comes highly recommended.
However, is this all that this piece of equipment can offer? Check the review to find out if the appliance is best suited for your needs.
You can use the AmazonBasics shredder to cut up to eight sheets of paper with paperclips and staples. You can use it to micro-cut credit cards and other.
You get it with a pullout bin that holds up to 3.2 gallons. Further, it has a continuous run time of two minutes, and you need it to cool for up to 15-minutes before using it again.
The apparatus weighs 14.7 pounds making it lightweight to move and takes up little space measuring 7.8 x 12 x 16.5-inches.
You get utmost security with the micro-cut blade as it cuts everything into confetti making it impossible to piece together. You can easily shred four pieces of paper for up to 30-minutes without it overheating.
Ease of Use
The appliance comes with an auto mode that automatically starts once the sensor detects material in the slot. If you get a paper jam, you can settle the problem using the manual reverse.
To prevent it from overheating it shuts off after two minutes and protects the motor.
The cooling down time is up to forty minutes and is perfect to use in the office or home. You can find the feeders situated at the top of the machine and not the side and more practical to use.
There is no need of aligning the paper, and you can throw the paper in without getting to close to the blades.
The bin pulls out for emptying and makes thing more practical and more accessible. To help it even more comfortable, you can add a plastic bag into the drawer and drop it out.
- Has an eight sheep capacity with 3-gallon pull out bin
- The paper feed is 8-¾ inch wide with thermal protection and auto shut-off
- Can use it to cut paper, credit cards, DVDs, and more
- Has a manual reverse for paper jams and the continuous run time is two minutes with a 40-minute cooldown time
- Include a one-year warranty
- Lightweight at 14.7-pounds and measures 16.5 x 7.75 x 12.25 inches
- Works with an auto mode to shred paper once detected
- Has smooth rolling wheels
Why Should You Buy It?
- Affordable and value for money
- Well packed and comes with recyclable material
- Assembles easy and uncomplicated to use
- Easy to load the paper and has a low noise level
- Comes with a reverse button for paper jams
- Simple to clean
- Moves around quickly with the wheels
- Suitable for small homes and office spaces
- Works with thin to thick documents and credit cards
- Comes with thermal shut down
- Cuts paper into tiny confetti
Why Not Buy It
- Can handle up to six-sheets with one pass
- You can use it to cut cardboard but is tricky to feed it through the slot
- Overheats with extended use
For the best advice, it helps to read the AmazonBasics 8-sheet micro cut shredder reviews. Overall customers are more than pleased with the product and great for use in the home or small office.
Users have mentioned that it can overheat with extended use and seems to jam sometimes. Therefore, we recommend you shred a small amount of paper several times. By doing this, it is easier on the unit and decreases overheating and jamming.
Furthermore, consumers found the price reasonable for a micro cut shredder and work well.
If you need an excellent shredder with micro-cut design to cut through DVDs/CDs and credit cards nothing comes more recommended than the AmazonBasics 8-sheet micro cut paper shredder here.
Different users have used it for more than a year without problems. They still love the shredder for its convenient use and helps prevent ID theft making cleanup simpler.
Furthermore, if you minimal shredding done, you will not go wrong with this machine.