AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
The eight sheets AmazonBasics Strip Cut Paper Shredder is a tiny machine made for light-duty use. Do you need speed to clear through stacks of papers at home or the office this unit is fast? However, it can only work for a short time before it needs a cool down.
With the strip cut construction, it shreds paper into long strips that you can reconstruct. Therefore, for safety concerns, it may not be the best option.
However, if you plan to do recycling at home, it might be the best one available to use. Further, it has a budget price and can shred through plastic cards and discs.
The equipment measures 13.2 x 12.6 x 6.7 inches and weighs 6.7 pounds. You can move it comfortably from one room to another without straining your back.
You can place it on the lower shelf, table, or floor. With the all-black structure, it fits in with décor in the home or office.
On the lid are the feed slot with controls and the slots protected with a plastic cover you can swing upwards. By doing this, you can fit a disc for shredding.
At the back of the central feed slot, you get a slider with three settings automatic, reverse, and off. There is a button labeled Jam Remover/CD Destroyer.
For ease of seeing if, the bin is full there is a large notch on the upper left corner. For emptying the container, you only lift off the lid.
While the shredder can handle plastic and optical discs, it cannot cut through staples or paper clips. The average shredding is Level 2 for security and not desirable for getting rid of confidential and personal documents.
Further, it has a small 3.2-gallon basket and fills up quickly after shredding and can jam after tearing through thirty sheets of paper. The duty cycle is two minutes and needs up to 15-minutes to cool down. Cross-cut Paper Shredder and Micro-Cut Paper Shredder are also worth to read before placing an order.
Ease of Use
You can shred paper, credit cards, and optical discs using the AmazonBasics 8-sheet strip cut Paper shredder. For speed, it chows through paper up to 14.6 fpm (feet per minute.)
The noise is a bit high-pitched and may annoy members in the home. However, if you only have a small bit of shredding to make the sound is tolerable.
You can use it in auto mode to start operating once it detects paper in the slot. For safety, it automatically shuts off when overheating to protect the motor.
Using the shredder is straightforward with the three settings available and cleaning the bin is a breeze.
If you looking for a micro-cut paper shredder with Amazon Basics you must read about AmazonBasics 12 Sheet Micro Cut High Security Paper Shredder Review.
- Made with strip-cut blades to shred up paper, plastic, and discs
- Has an eight sheet shredding capacity that chows through paper up to 14.6 fpm
- Measures 13.2 by 12.6 by 6.7-inches and weighs 6.7 pounds making it lightweight and compact to fit into small spaces
- The feed slots protected with a plastic cover you can swing up to shred discs
- Comprise three settings auto, off, and reverse with a button Jam Remover/ CD Destroyer
- The bin capacity is 3.2-gallons
- The machine can works continuously up to two minutes and needs 15-minutes to cool down
- Made with auto start to cut through the paper once detected
- Offers a level 2 security and not suitable for confidential or personal documents
- Backed with a year warranty
Why Should You Buy It?
- Makes a perfect addition to small offices and homes with the sleek design
- Shreds discs, paper, and plastic
- Comes with an auto-start operation
- Takes up little space
- Easy to clean the bin
- Shreds through paper fast
Why Not Buy It
- Does not have a high-security level
- Bit noisy
When it comes to the AmazonBasics Strip-Cut Shredder Reviews, users have mixed feelings about the device. However, many have positive things to say about the small machine.
They love the compact design, speed it shreds, and the fact that they can destroy credit cards and CDs. The biggest problem is it does not run for long, and it is a bit on the noisy side. Further, the bin can fill up quickly and needs constant emptying.
The AmazonBasics Strip-Cut Shredder is a budget model that helps get rid of low-volume shredding. You can use it in the office or home and has excellent speed.
The duty cycle is modest, and it has a small basket that fills up quickly. Compared to other shredders reviewed it offers you performance when you need it the most.
So if you need to rid the study of unwanted papers gets yourself the eight-sheet Strip Cut Paper Shredder to make your task easier.