AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder Review
If you are looking for speed when shredding paper nothing comes close to the AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder. The machine is exceptional and offers you all-around performance.
The unit chews through paper fast without problems and does not jam easily. Further, you will have no overheating issues and has a compact size without too much noise when shredding.
When it comes to shredding through the paper, credit cards, and discs the AmazonBasics, 24-Sheet Shredder is powerful. The unit can handle up to 26 sheets of paper, staples, paper clips, and more.
The crosscut blades shred up items into non-recognizable sizes but not as finely cut as the micro-cut sized shreds.
The machine is fast and has a rate of 114 sheets per minute that is impressive for speed. With the tempo of the unit, you can use it to dispose of legal documents in the office.
Furthermore, if you want to shred stacks of paper at once with high speed, this is the one to buy.
The equipment has a run time of up to 25-minutes but will need cooling down for up to an hour. There is an auto start to save time when feeding through items.
Compared to other crosscut shredders this one comes with an auto reverse to clear paper jams. The appliance measures 26.2 x 16.3 x 11.9-inches and has a 7-gallon pullout bin.
Further, you get thermal protection with auto shut-off and backed with a year warranty.
Ease of Use
You get a friendly user experience using the AmazonBasics 24-sheet shredder as the controls intuitive.
The shredder has LED indicator lights advising you when the machine is overheating, overloaded, the door is open, and when it is standby time. For safety, it has a lip guard to prevent your fingers from injury.
Removing the wastebasket to empty is easy and pulls out. The machine is huge, and you cannot hide it under a desk and needs some space.
For ease of movement, it has wheels. You can use it in auto mode to begin shredding when detecting objects. With paper jams, the auto reverse helps.
For a considerable office shredder, the AmazonBasics Crosscut model shines in the noise department. With any shredder the sounds loud, but with this one, it emits a low-pitched moan.
- Crosscut blade design to cut through paper, plastic, discs, and steel
- Equipped with a 7-gallon pull out bin
- You can feed through up to 24 sheets of paper without removing the staples
- Has a designated area to feed through discs and cards
- Comprise three operating settings auto start, auto reverse, and auto shut-off
- LED indicators for overload, open door, standby time, and overheating
- Has smooth rolling wheels for transport
- Measures 26.2 x 16.3 x 11.9-inches
- One-year Warranty
Why Should You Buy It?
- Powerful motor to handle big shredding jobs
- Runs a long time before it needs to cool down
- The wheels are removable and make transporting from one room to another simpler
- Operates quietly and not as noisy compared to other top shredders available
- Works with a fast speed
- Can use it to destroy documents, plastic, and steel
- Made with dedicated slots for the discs and cards
Why Not Buy It
- Does not have a considerable feed slot and measures 8.5-inches
- Emptying the bin is difficult
While reading the AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Crosscut Shredder Reviews, you can see users are more than pleased with the product.
The device is excellent and powerful at what it does shredding through paper, plastic, and steel. Consumers could use the machine hours before it needs cooling down.
Furthermore, users liked the status indicators and easy-to-use controls. The biggest complaint is emptying the wastebasket as it is wide and the covers attached to the smaller width of the container.
Clients would have liked to have a wider feeding slot and found oiling the mechanism difficult.
However, for the price and performance consumers are more than pleased with the shredder to handle big shredding jobs.
The AmazonBasics 24-Sheet shredder does not come cheap. However, with the price and considering the features it remains a big contender as one of the best commercial shredders available.
If you want to destroy hundreds of pages at a time, you will not be disappointed with the machine. The only thing you will need to take into consideration is the size and the fact that the bin are challenging to empty.
Alternatively, if you need something smaller you can always look at our other shredder reviews here.